Hello visitors and friends,
My name's Mitchel, a prop and cosplay builder and enthusiast from the Netherlands. As of now, my portfolio is on the small side, but that's because I plan to only upload serious work here. I made a lot of props and cosplays in the past, but those projects were just simple (or at least I thought they were simple), or no serious photos were taken of it. With this account I hope to change that. I'm also putting up some tutorials for you guys to look at. Hopefully it's useful and will solve some problems by showing you how I did it. I'm also part of a small group of serious cosplay builders called Products of Design, alongside several other enthusiastic cosplay and prop groups with members from around the world.
My fandoms used to be a lot of animes, but lately I'm becoming more interested in games and movies. Nontheless, I still have some anime cosplays and props on my wishlist. I'll put my list underneath this text as a personal note, but also because it might interest you guys.
Something else that I try to do with building is giving myself challenges. Like I said, I've been building and creating for years now, so challenging myself from time to time is actually quite fun. I have quite the tools at my disposal, even more so since I can use the toolshed of my uncle, who builds boats, houses, furniture etc. and I hope I can add more tools and materials in the future. I love challenges when it comes down to creating props and costumes, but I'm more tempted to only take challenges when I'm using a technique that I'm used to. I already gave myself a budget challenge and a minimalistic tool challenge, which were quite annoying at times, but fun in the end! Obviously both were quite a lesson on their own.
Right now, I'm pretty busy with my university studies, so I don't have a lot of time to work on my projects. When the holidays hit however, I'm going to be bat shit crazy at building and commissions. I have a few commissions already, but a few more wouldn't hurt. So if you want something commissioned, please write me a note or send me an e-mail, and we can work something out!
I try to keep this journal as updated as possible.
Thanks for reading!
My current cosplay wishlist is:
- Bison from "Street Fighter".
- Chousokabe Moutochika from "Sengoku Basara".
- Dizzy Wallin from "Gears of War".
- Guts from "Berserk".
- Jak from "Jak & Daxter".
- 'Jetstream' Sam from "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance".
- Kuroda Kanbe from "Sengoku Basara".
- Mitsurugi from "Soul Calibur".
- Risotto Nero from "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure".
- Sam Gideon from "Vanquish".
- Shunsui Kyoraku from "Bleach".
- Sub-Zero from "Mortal Kombat".
- Thor from "Thor".
- Whiplash from "Iron Man 2".
- War from "Darksiders".
My current prop wishlist is:
- Chaoseater from "Darksiders".
- Chousokabe Moutochika's anchor from "Sengoku Basara".
- Dragon Slayer blade from "Berserk".
- Gnasher Shotgun from "Gears of War".
- Metallica from "Jojo's Bizzare Adventure".
- Mjolnir (this time without a budget challenge) from "Thor".
- Morph Gun (yellow mod) from "Jak & Daxter".
- 'Jestream' Sam's high frequency blade from "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance".
- Thor's helmet from "Thor".
My current cosplay commissions are:
- Scout from "Team Fortress 2".
- Thor from "Thor".
My current prop commissions are:
- A fantasy bow with Lord of the Rings influences.
- Luigi's cap from "Super Mario Bros.".
- Mario's cap from "Super Mario Bros.".
- Mjolnir (this time without a budget challenge) from "Thor" x2.
- Scattergun from "Team Fortress 2".
Up til now I cosplayed:
- Silvers Rayleigh from "One Piece".
- Sir Crocodile from "One Piece".
- Spirit Albarn from "Soul Eater".
- Kotetsu T. Kaburagi from "Tiger & Bunny".